mandag 4. august 2014

The vintage car

In May 2011, I  made a vintage vauxhall car with a rubber band engine. The car was built as an example of how to make a rubber band engine for kids. The car was then gives as a wedding card(d) for a friend who sold cars. It was important to me, that the car was similar to a real vintage car, therefore the car was made by looking at photos of real and toy vintage vauxhall cars. The blogpost with this car has had more than 5500 hits on my blog - and the blogpost which still have most visitors - 3 years later.

The car was made a few weeks before I got my Silhouette. The first car was made without any cutting device, but just with with scissors. I published the hand drawn template in the blogpost 5.th of June. After I published this car, and the template, I have had several questions about creating a silhouette file for the car. I therefore used my own template, and redrew the template to create a silhouette file. I have added seats, wheels and lid for the boot. I have changed the bumper, and it is based on a photo of a real vauxhall car. I created a new car with the silhouette file. I am giving away this silhouette file, just contact me for the file (see copyright before you use it)



I used papers from Maya design, Vintage summer basics, for the car. The seats and lid for the boot is made with paper from DCWV, the textures and finishes stack.


The car head hood ornament is a part from an old juvelery


Leaves are made with a Nellie Snellen Leaf Punch and emboss. The leafs have been distressed with distress ink. Flowers are from Prima and Wild Orchid Craft.


I have also used strips of silver tape from Søstrene Grene.


The bling arrows are from Prima


The boot of the car is the same as the earlier version of the car, but I have added a lid, so the car is also functions as a small box with room for a treat.



Hope you like this

If you would like the free template, this was published in early June 2011, in my blog 
(See copyright for the template in the blogpost - do not republish or sell the template, as it is or edited 
- as a cutting file or as a template)

If you would like the silhouette file, please contact me.


Tutorial:



I am entering these challenges





30 kommentarer:

  1. WAUW du er simpelthen bare utrolig Kirsten. Hvor er det flot. Jeg ville ønske jeg havde en Silouette lige nu, så jeg kunne prøve at lave den nye version, da den er endnu flottere end den gamle, som helt bestemt også er fantastisk flot,.
    Du har ikke lavet manuelle templates for låget til bagagerummet og hjul og alle de andre tilføjelser også til dem der ikke kan skære ud på maskine?? Men ellers må jeg høre om jeg ikke kan få en eller anden til at skære ud for mig, for det er da godt en super flot gave at lave til nogen og perfekt til et bryllup, som du sagde.

    SvarSlett
  2. This is so pretty Kirsten - really special for a little present in the boot as well! They would look lovely on tables at a wedding.

    Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    SvarSlett
  3. This is so pretty Kirsten, it would be a really special gift 'box' with a little present in the boot. They would also look great at a wedding on the tables.

    Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    SvarSlett
  4. Wow - this is such a fabulous project - to design this is extremely creative - not an easy thing to do... love it!

    I came over when I saw your post in the 'Paper People' facebook group which I've been a member of for ages, but not been active in! Glad I visited it today to see this.

    Paula x x x

    SvarSlett
  5. Wow! This is wonderful, as is your whole blog... love the projects you have created!!

    SvarSlett
  6. Jeg sier som de andre her før meg.. WOW. Du slutter aldri å imponere Kirsten :-) Takk for at du deltar i Vintageutfordringen denne gangen. Klem, Heidi

    SvarSlett
  7. Gorgeous gorgeous, love your fab car Kirsten, thanks for joining us at Vintage Udfordring. Take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    SvarSlett
  8. Wauw ... hvor er den flot, din bil med æske-bagagerum.

    1000 tak for at du deltager hos os i Vintage Utfordring denne gang.

    Jytte, DT Vintage Utfordring :)

    SvarSlett
  9. Som alltid helt fantastisk!!! En fryd å se noe så lekkert! Klem Anne Gro
    Takk for at du deltar hos Vintage Udfordring

    SvarSlett
  10. Hi, A lovely project love the colours. Thank you for joining Crafting At The Weekend this week. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Erin DT & Co Owner x

    SvarSlett
  11. Lekker bil :-) Takk for at du er med på Trykkpressa denne måneden ♥

    SvarSlett
  12. This is a fabulous project! Thank you for sharing in the challenge over at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    SvarSlett
  13. Lovely car,thanks for sharing it with us at Whoopsi daisy.Louise x

    SvarSlett
  14. Denne var bare helt fantastisk! Utrolig stilig design, du er virkelig dyktig og kreativ :) Takk for herlig bidrag til utfordringen vår hos Kreativ Scrapping.

    SvarSlett
  15. Woooow så stilig bil.
    Takk for at du deltar i denne utfordring hos Storyteller
    Vi ønsker deg lykke til – og håper du blir med oss flere ganger!
    Klem Connie

    SvarSlett
  16. Wow. Denne er jo bare helt fantastisk. Takk for at du deltar på utfordringen hos Storyteller.

    SvarSlett
  17. This is a fabulous project! Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week,good luck!

    SvarSlett
  18. Stilig.
    Takk for at du deltar hos Storyteller
    Line

    SvarSlett
  19. this is just gorgeous...I am coming from maryann' s blog...just meeting new friends!!! I ma from california
    hugs bibiana

    SvarSlett
  20. Oh my goodness, this is out of this world AMAZING!!! I would love the Silhouette file so I'll be contacting you soon. :) Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I still share the silhouette file. Please e-mail me for the file. Kirsten

      Slett
  21. Fab creation! Thanks for joining with us at T4S!
    Ina /DT

    SvarSlett
  22. I love this car and was wondering it you still share the studio file? If you do, I'd love to have it! I'm headed back to see some more of your beautiful projects!

    SvarSlett
  23. Gorgeous car. Thank you for playing along with Time 4 Scrap challenge.

    SvarSlett
  24. Så fin denne var! 😍
    Jeg prøver meg gjerne på å lage en sånn hvis du vil dele filen.☺

    SvarSlett
  25. Hello thank you for sharing the Silhouette file. If you would please tell me what I need to do to receive the file.

    SvarSlett
  26. Lovely car/card/box. This is pergect for my friend's husband because he's a mechsnic. would you mind sharing the file with me too, please? Do you have the file in SVG?

    Thank you

    SvarSlett
  27. Kristen, this car is beautiful! I would love to have the Silhouette file if you are still offering it. An SVG would work too!
    conbshee@gmail.com
    Thank you!
    Connie

    SvarSlett
  28. wow..it is so much pretty..i would love to have the svg file if you are still sharing.. <3

    annie.sharmin@gmail.com

    SvarSlett
  29. Hi. Such an extraordinary project !!! Out of the world. I too would love to have the silhouette file for the same. I will be highly grateful to you.. can you please send the file on aardracreations@gmail.com

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...